Saturday, June 29, 2013

Drawing Fashion: Modern Classics: Trench Coat

For the New Year, I received a cool book on drawing fashion. I love the colours and most of all, the PROPORTIONS! Yes! Proper proportions are half the battle. Sometimes I don't quite get it to perfection, but mostly my proportions are correct. :)

This summer I'll do a series of blog posts that portray my renditions of Drawing Fashion's fashion art. I've already done three, but lost one of them, which I will do again later, even better! Here is the Trench Coat, under the category of Modern Classics:
Here is the drawing I did of it. It's not perfect and not the same - the colours aren't ideal and the lines not so smooth - but it's close enough:

It's been a classic since the 1940's. This one is updated: shorter length, flared cut, large buttons. Plus, the belt is tied in a knot for a casual look rather than with the buckle. The many highlights in the above pictures are meant to give it a slightly damp look, and the chocolate brown accessories highlight the neutral colour of the coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment