Friday, July 5, 2013

In the light of the rain

As I write this my world is being pummeled by rain, the trees and houses a blur. Rain seems to take up every bit of air available out there. It's beautiful. It's freshened the air, too - you can smell the freshwater falling. Oddly enough, sometime I even pick up a whiff of our front yard garden flowers in the rainwater smell.

I would love to go out there and let myself soak. Everything seems to have this light white tint, the world coloured by rain. Inside, I feel the humidity, and though you might sometimes hear me complain about it I actually love every second of it. Rain is one of the best things in life. It means regrowth, it means purity, it means a kind of calm in the world. To be spattered with rain outside is a magnificent feeling when you savour it.

Why do perfumes have such strong, coy scents? A "scent" is supposed to be delicate, but instead, whenever I hug a family woman friend, WHAM! I'm hit with an artificial flower scent multiplied by twenty, and I have to breath through my mouth.
I think these scents should rise in perfume sales:
1. Rainwater
2. The scent of the air on a fresh autumn day
3. The scent of an orange
4. Snow

Those would be popular, I think, because not only are they fresh and natural, they are beautiful. If you can appreciate the smells of what I listed above, hold on to it, because thanks to global warming they might not always be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment